This past Sunday morning, during the fourth week of the LIVE SENT series, we focused on “the global spheres of LIVING SENT.” We began with a simple question, one not original to us, but that I had heard from a friend not too long ago.
If God answered your prayers, would the world be different, or just you?
We went on to highlight that the Scriptures indicate that:
1 – GOD LOVES THE NATIONS.
23 Sing to God, everyone and everything! Get out His salvation news every day! 24 Publish His glory among the godless nations, His wonders to all races and religions. 25 And why? Because God is great—well worth praising! No god or goddess comes close in honor. 26 All the popular gods are stuff and nonsense, but God made the cosmos! [1st Chronicles 16:23-26]
2 – GOD LOVES THE IGNORED.
27 Be generous to the poor—you’ll never go hungry; shut your eyes to their needs, and run a gauntlet of curses. [Proverbs 28:27]
3 – GOD LOVES THE LONELY.
27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. [James 1:27]
In highlighting that God loves the ignored, I interviewed Chris Winter with Living Water International. We announced @WestpointChurch’s partnership with “the Church of West Orange” (@ChurchWstOrange) for “Advent Conspiracy.” We will be working together as a partnered group of local church expressions to help provide for clean water in several different communities across the world. You can watch this video to get a quick idea of what “Advent Conspiracy” is:
In highlighting that God loves the lonely, I interviewed Cindy, a gal in our church family, who along with her husband has been giving themselves away (and selling some of what they have to give to the poor – sounds like Jesus doesn’t it???) to begin to support a school and orphanage in Ethiopia. You can read more about what they are doing at “Go and Do the Same“. We will be partnering with them for 2011 and beyond, as well.
We then asked, “SO, how can I live sent globally?” We offered these suggestions:
- get a passport, if you don’t already have one. How can you go if you aren’t ready to go?
- connect globally online by learning and living the ways of Jesus with those searching for answers about Jesus through Campus Crusade’s Global Media Outreach.
- conspire this Christmas with us to provide food and gifts for some local families as well as clean water for people across the world by spending less and giving more. Contact Westpoint Church to learn more about participating (contact info at the bottom of the Westpoint home page).
- support global villages and their local economy by shopping for the Christmas gifts you do buy through either World Crafts Village or Project 7.
- pray for the unreached people groups of our world and consider moving to learn and live the ways of Jesus among them.
- partner with Chad and Cindy and the Westpoint family for “Go and Do the Same” in Ethiopia.
- Go on a short-term serve trip to Hispanola or Ethiopia in 2011 with @WestpointChurch.
Then, I announced a blog post that would recap this past Sunday’s teaching along with posing the question:
what might be hindering you from living sent globally???
This is that exact blog post. So, what might be hindering you from living sent globally? Fear? Lack of info? Lack of opportunity? Too busy? What is it?
Please interact with us here by commenting below.
Let’s learn and live the ways of Jesus together as we encourage one another to actively live sent globally!!!
Love y’all. I can’t wait to converse with you this coming Sunday morning about “the local spheres of LIVING SENT.” I really think you will be challenged and inspired to live sent daily right here and now in our community.